Cornerstone Chinese Alliance Church
4757 14th Ave, Markham
DATE & TIME
1 June, 2019
Come out to our free plant lover’s community event! All you need in order to participate is to bring at least one plant that you’re ready to part with! You’ll be able to take home as many as you bring in. There will also be light snacks and drinks and parking is totally free on site!
What to bring?
- House plants, succulents / cacti, veggie starters / mature plants, perennials / annuals, ROOTED cuttings (even a tiny little root is good, shows that the cutting is indeed growing!), aquatic plants, and bulbs
- Clearly label your plants
- Put your plant in a container with soil or water; wrap bare roots carefully
- The more you bring, the more you’ll take home with you!
- Avoid bringing invasive plants, plants with pests infestation, unhealthy plants or unrooted cuttings
- No cannabis
What to bring?
Every plant must be clearly labeled with the plant botanical / common name, care instructions and placement (indoor/outdoor). This will help when people are picking and choosing which plant they want to bring home.
SIGN IN, SET UP PLANT TABLES, THEN MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS!
The earlier you arrive, the more time you’ll have to browse all the plants available so that you can make your decision on which one you want most! The host (me!) will be counting how many plants each person brings and give out the same number of popsicle sticks, which you’ll put your name on. These sticks will be used for the swap system.
LET THE SWAP BEGIN!
We’ll be swapping in rounds. Here’s how it works: Round 1, everyone chooses their first plant and places one popsicle stick on the plant. When everyone has used their first marker, we sort out who gets what plant. If the plant only has one stick, it’s yours! If the plant has multiple sticks, we’ll do a random draw, one lucky winner will get the plant, and the other markers will be returned to whoever placed them, and they then get to choose another plant. The round ends when all have used one stick, and there are no more plant with multiple sticks. Then round two starts, and this time everyone will spend two sticks… and it goes on until all sticks / plants are gone.